This is a review of the interesting articles, Twitters, Facebook posts and more which took place this week in and around our Multilingual Living universe. Thank you everyone for sharing your tips with me! Keep them coming!
Did you know that François Grosjean has written a new book for the general public about bilingualism? It is titled Bilingual: Life and Reality and has been getting more and more press lately.
- An article about François Grosjean and his book Bilingual: Life and Reality appeared in the Montreal Gazette.
- François Grosjean sent me a link to this video which features quotes from his book together with interviews with bilinguals.
- We have started a series titled Ask François Grosjean where he answers our most pressing questions.
World Cup Excitement!
The World Cup is almost upon us. As many of us who visit Multilingual Living are interested in this event, we have been keeping our eye on some fun activities. Here are two you might want to check out:
- Submit your longest goooooooaaaaallll at the VISA FIFA YouTube Channel.
- Multilingual Living Facebook friend Annamari Bán told us about iGOAL where you can upload your WakaWaka dance.
- This Video of the Week post from our friends at Spanglishbaby.com has some tips for enjoying the World Cup.
Bilingual Blogging Carnival
- Head over to the Bilingual Blogging Carnival and check out these posts from some fabulous blogging bilinguals!
In the News
Here are some stories that came to us through cyberspace which may pique your interest:
- Second language learners recall native language when reading. This study sheds light on how bilinguals access their native language while reading in their second language.
- Read Multilingual Living Magazine contributor Violeta Garcia-Mendoza’s poem”Guatemala” , a poem “no one should have to carry.” Heavy, vivid. A call-to-action of substance, pain and realism.
- The Huffington Post shows their favorite English translations of foreign films. You may recognize some of these!
- How about some Trilingual Hip-Hop? Multilingual Mania posted this video.
- If you want to sing the South African national anthem, then you need to be able to do it in 5 of the country’s 11 official languages!
Would you enjoy seeing something like this each Sunday? If there is enough interest, I’ll keep them coming. And please Email me, send me a tweet or add to the Facebook page what you find of interest during the week!