Multilingual Living Twittering

My first official post (after having gone “live” with Multilingual Living) isn’t going to be about raising children multilingually.

Nope, I’m not even going to pretend that this has anything to do with your needs in your lives.  This post is all about ME.  Me, me, me. I know it is selfish but I’m desperate and I know you will come up with an answer for me.

How can you help, you ask?

Well, I desperately, seriously, fiercely need a Twitter name for my Multilingual Living Tweets!  I have so many Tweets in me and they are desperate to be sung.  But without a Twitter name, I’m speechless… I’m silent… I’m relegated to mute bystander status!

Here’s the status:

“MultilingualLiving” is too long (Twitter won’t allow this).
“MLL” is already taken (plus it seems a little bland).
“CoreyMLL” is an option but sheesh, that feels so very practical and dare I say: dull.

Can you help?

Can you think of a Twitter name that will make you light up every time you see it?  A name that means nothing short of multilingual inspiration and joy?  A name that when you see it you jump up and down in sheer delight?

Ok, that is asking for a lot.  How about, at the very least, a name that sounds pretty darn good and would make ME happy?

Please leave a comment below with all your Twitter name ideas!  Multilingual Living was born to Twitter!

1 Karin May 13, 2010 at 6:02 pm

About Twitter name:
How about

Hope that helps!

2 Lilian May 14, 2010 at 12:03 am

Ah… evil twitter. Can you believe it that I had to settle for the horrendous LilianMamainTran?! (maybe that’s why I’ve just basically given up on twitter, I just can’t seem to find a place for it in my life). You see, MamainTranslation wouldn’t fit either. If we only knew, we might have given shorter, “twittable” names to our websites, no? 🙂

Just kidding, you know how I love love love Multilingual Living and how I campaigned for it back in the day ;-).

So, yeah, “LilianMamainTra” doesn’t have any good suggestions for you, Corey. But we can brainstorm, it doesn’t hurt.

16 characters, let’s see “MultilingualLive”? Or “MultilingualLiv”? I think these sound way better than my name, and I think “MultilingualLive” is pretty cool and lively. Hopefully it won’t be taken. And the name won’t matter as much as the link to the website next to it. Anyway. I hope that by the time I wake up tomorrow morning you’re twittering, OK? (don’t forget to follow “LilianMamainTra” hahaha! 😀 )

3 oliver May 14, 2010 at 2:19 am

My suggestions:
MLL-Tweets | TweetMLL | MultilingualTweet(s) (too long?) | MLLiving | ML-Living | MLTweets |

4 Annett May 14, 2010 at 5:25 am

Would MultiLingLiv or something like this work?

5 Eve May 14, 2010 at 9:23 am

So glad to see you are getting on Twitter! Was just trying to find you there the other day! 🙂 I like Annett’s suggestion above of ”
MultiLingLiv”. Still keeps the idea of your full name (it is obvious) but shortens it for Twitter (remember, your twitter name counts against the 140 characters when someone retweets you!). See you on Twitter soon! I am at @bilingualtips.

6 Marcelo May 14, 2010 at 10:02 am

ML-Living (as stated before by Oliver)

7 Corey May 14, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Thank you everyone! Your ideas are FABULOUS! I am going to choose something tonight and put it into action. I’m really looking forward to being part of the Twittering world. Hope to see some of you there! I’ll definitely post which name I end up choosing.

8 Corey May 15, 2010 at 1:03 am

Ok, it has been decided: I went for MultiLingLiving. I also added a Twitter “follow me” button so I’m going to start doing some tweeting, or is it twittering, or maybe twitting?